Thursday, 31 October 2013
Day 0 - Here it comes
Happy Halloween!!!
It is officially the day before NaNo starts. My mind is not a pleasant place to be right now, let me tell you all. It's all a mixture of stress, characters arguing loudly and a whole bunch of loud swearing coming from me curled up in the corner. I know, I know. I sound crazy for wanting to take this on. But if I don't do it now when will I. Creative writing has always been my dream and it's taken me far too long to realise it. With the first few opportunities to fulfil this slowly slipping away, I have to grab on to some new possibilities.
So, I sit here on the last day of October, with a blank document open on my laptop screen in front of me. I've decided against starting as soon as the clock strikes midnight and we're finally into the first day of writing, but I'm to tired to even begin to think about starting now.
I'm nervous and apprehensive, but that's to be expected, I hope. I've never pushed myself to write this much every single day, let alone even in the short time span of a month, so I have no idea what it's going to be like and how well I do. Maybe, in the end, this really is about figuring out whether my aspirations aren't all that crazy, that I could do this every day for a long time after my experiment.
Time to find out. Wish me luck!
And to anyone else who is doing this challenge too, I wish you warm hugs, thousands of words and infinite cups of coffee or tea. Because everyone deserves tea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment